You can find a selection of our collections on display at the Royal Mint Experience. However, to arrange to visit to our archives for research purposes please contact our Research and Information team via the Enquiries page, outlining your particular area of interest.
Where we are
The Royal Mint Museum is located on a secure site four miles away from Junction 34 of the M4 and 20 minutes away from Wales’ capital city, Cardiff. The site has ample visitor parking clearly signposted upon arrival. The main site is easily accessible for wheelchair users but special arrangements may need to be made when visiting the collection. Please discuss any mobility requirements with a member of our team before your visit.
Visiting by car
If you’re using a Sat Nav or a GPS navigation device, the postcode is CF72 8YT
• Exit junction 34 of the M4, take the exit signposted to Llantrisant
• Follow the road through two sets of traffic lights and continue to the first roundabout
• At the first roundabout, take the second exit and continue through two sets of traffic lights to the second roundabout
• At the second roundabout take the second exit
• Continue to the next roundabout, taking the fourth exit
• Continue straight on and take the third left to arrive in The Royal Mint Experience car park
By bus and train
The closest train station to the Royal Mint Museum is Pontyclun which is approximately four miles away. There are frequent trains connections to Cardiff Central but we advise booking a local taxi firm from Pontyclun to complete your journey. Our team would be happy to assist with this prior to your visit.
The closest bus stops are:
• To/from Pontypridd: Parc Busnes Edwards (4 minute walk from us)
• To/from Cardiff: Ely Valley Road, Ynysymaerdy Industrial Estate (12 minute walk from us)
To plan your route in advance, visit www.traveline.cymru or call Traveline Cymru on 0800 464 0000 for assistance.